background

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Trespasser

Last night Matthew and I got home from buying ice cream to celebrate his awesome test scores on two of his exams at about 9:00pm. As we exited the elevator to our floor a strange man that we've never seen before walked into the elevator, then walked out and asked us something. Matthew and I looked at eachother trying to determine if we understood what the man said. We shook our heads and the man asked again. I still didn't understand him but Matthew did and responded "no" to the man, then I finally understood that he was asking for a lighter. The man walked away and stepped back into the elevator. We thought the whole thing was a little strange but we ignored it and just walked into our apartment. Well, the next morning we recieve a notice that was slipped under our door from the building's maintainance committee. The letter stated that an intruder had somehow entered our building and was going from door to door asking residents of our building random questions and said he was there for a long time. As soon as I read the letter I remembered the man from last night and I remember that he was acting a little strange, like he was on drugs or something. The committee called the police and also, after so many years, contracted a guard to watch the building during night hours. It freaked me out a little bit but I'm glad nothing serious happend. I never did and never will open the door to anyone unless I recognize the person.

4 comments:

Emily said...

How did he even get through that gated box in the front of your complex? That is so creepy!

Matthew and Rosalia said...

We don't know, they think someone let him in. Or he could have slipped into the gate as a car drove out. But then someone had to have let him into the actual building because you need a key to get in. I'm just glad we're finally getting a guard to be on duty at least during the night.

Katie said...

FREAKY!

Sofia L said...

That's creepy! Good thing he didn't try any thing or Matthew would have had to put him in the hospital.