background

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rude Awakening

Because we live on a main street we always have extremely loud parades and other loud cars and poeple passing by our street. I don't think there's been a day without something loud coming from the outside of our apartment and it doesn't help not having windows either. It's extremely obnoxios but we've figured out that Puerto Ricans love to be loud, the louder the better. If we are watching television, forget it, we have to turn it off, nothing can be heard. Anyway yesterday, we had a truck loaded with the biggest speakers I've seen in my life pass by our street. We found out it was for Rosello, a political runner for governor of Puerto Rico. I guess cruising around in a truck full of speakers playing ridiculously loud music will win him some votes. Gotta love em'

2 comments:

Jeanne_2008 said...

Hey Rosalia,
I think they came down my street today!! I couldn't tell which political person it was though. It feels like they are in your house its so loud. It really is very annoying!!

Emily said...

That makes me laugh. I have a similar video where I was trying to capture the noise that comes from those things. We're in the very back of our apartment complex and you could hear them clear as day from the street. That is definitely something I won't miss after I leave!