background

Monday, February 25, 2008

Stake Confrence 2008, PR


We had the priveledge of hearing Elder Clate W. Mask, the Area Authority President for the Caribbean, speak during Stake Confrence this year. He gave a great talk on the importance of accepting church callings and applying the scriptures to our lives. As he spoke he talked about his grandfather (Andres C. Gonzales), who actually wrote the lyrics to hymn # 88 in the Spanish Hymn book, and the great influence he was in his life.

His talk really intrested me because he shared a little history about the Church in Mexico during 1910. I was really greatful to hear that because my grandparents were actually the first members in their little town in Mexico and learned of the gospel through an aunt of my grandfather. It makes me wonder if they were able to hear of the gospel because of Elder Mask's grandfather. My grandparents dealt with a lot of persecution, but stayed firm in the gospel and through their obedience and testimony I was able to benefit from the gospel as well, plus generations to come. You just never know what can come from living the gospel and magnifying our callings. I am also greatful for the opportunity I have to serve in the YW Stake Presidency and be able to serve so many members. It's been a real priveledge seeing the changes in a lot of the youth, which brings hope and motivation for the future of the Church here in Puerto Rico.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I loved his talk. It was so good!