background

Monday, February 23, 2009

What Beautiful Sites

This past weekend Matthew and I didn't really have anything planned, but we still wanted to get out and enjoy the island. We decided to go to El Morro and fly a kite. We found a free parking spot and on our way to the fort I took some quick pictures of the beautiful buildings in Old San Juan. The bold the colors really make this little town shine.



The wind was incredible, I could hardly wait to get that kite in the air. We bought this kite a while back at Costco and flew it only twice on the beach. It is beautiful and flies really nice. I quickly put it together and as soon as I let it go it was in the air.



Poor Matthew could barely keep his hands around the other end, the string kept releasing on its own. Then suddenly the kite snapped right off the string because the wind was so strong. Matthew dropped the string and started chasing after it. The kite just kept rolling faster and further away from him. I just stood there laughing and couldn't believe what had just happend. Finally a guy on the other side of the field saw the kite coming towards him and Matthew trying to catch up to it. He caught the kite (thankgoodness!) and gave it to Matthew. After a few other attempts, the kite finally gave out and snapped in half. By this time Matthew was fed up and just gave up.

So we put the kite away and just enjoyed the rest of our day. I took advantage and shot a few photos of the fort...








This cemetery is righ next to the fort. Not a bad place to be buried huh? Right on the beach.

And I love this water fountain across the street from the fort, you always see kids getting wet in it. I wanted to go in there so bad because it was hot out, Matthew dared me too, but I was too chicken. Maybe next time, or not.


When I got home I took a dip in my pool instead and we had a little BBQ to end our day. We made shrimp skewers and rice and beans and a salad to accompany them. They turned out really good.

Until next time.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your pictures Rosalia. I think I know some of those places from old sessions, love Old San Juan. I really think you have an eye for nice angles and stuff. love

prRiggs said...

The coloring in the photos is beautiful! Thanks for letting me know about your blog. I love your subtitle: The present is a gift!

Marlon and Suzana said...

Wow! You guys really live in paradise!

Emily said...

Cool pictures of the fort, and I love the new blog background! Fun times.

Dave said...

Rosalia, can you come and cook for me? I love all the pictures...they are truly gorgeous! I'm glad you guys are enjoying living there!
Brandi

Katie said...

Hey Rosalia! Love the new pictures! You two always seem to have the best time together! We didn't end up going to the beach today--Amy didn't feel good. I will for sure see you tomorrow though :) Finally we'll get to hang out! Next week for sure Escambron!!! I haven't meant to be flaky, I promise!