background

Sunday, February 15, 2009

≈Valentine's Day Get Away≈

This year's Valentine's Day was probably my favorite yet. We had an awesome day from start to finish. Matthew and I took off early Saturday morning to meet up with our friends Kristen and Rudi and drove to Fajardo (Northeast tip of Puerto Rico)

...to take a small boat out to an island called Icacos. Icacos is actually the name of a fruit that grows on this little island. I've never tried it, but we were told that it doesn't grow as much as it used to a while back.

The boat ride was perfect because it only took about 10 min. to reach the island.

There it is at a distance.


It was paradise! The water was crystal clear, the skies were blue, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. I was in beach heaven. We arrived around 10:15am and from then on enjoyed every minute of our time there. Matthew was happy not to get sea sick.






After finding a good spot, we relaxed for a while and then started looking for some shells or whatever we could find to add to our shell collection. We found these beautiful polished shells that I've never seen anywhere else in Puerto Rico. They were easy to spot because they just glittered in the sun, but they were a little rare we only found a few.

While looking for shells, I found this crab, he was so cute.

Here we are taking a dip in the water. The water was a little cold, but after a couple of minutes it felt so refreshing. I love how clear it was, like we were in a swimming pool.


Kristen and Rudi brought this fun game called Bocce Ball. Here we are playing. It was girls against guys and of course the girls won.



I was really excited about the snorkeling because we heard it was really good out here, but it took us a while before we could find a pretty good spot. And when we did, we had to head back because our pick-up time was getting close. But it was really enjoyable nonetheless. We were able to see a lot of cool looking fish, I wish I had an underwater camera to show you.

We saw some really nice boats around the island. It made me want one. Here are some of my favorites




and here is the Fajardo lighthouse, we were able to just barely see it from Icacos.

Before our boat arrived we had time to lay out and dry off and then we took some quick last minute pictures before leaving. I couldn't believe how tan I got. It'll last for a good while.







Our boat arrived around 4:30pm, these are some pictures from the way back.




There's a small park by the docks with cute little eateries where you can buy pinchos, piña coladas, ice cream, and other snacks. One of them has these beautiful parrots, and the owner allows you to take pictures with them. They were so bright and colorful.




Such cute little birds



After getting a snack we headed home, but we were still hungry when we arrived so we decided to go home, shower and meet up again for dinner. We ate at J.H. Yee's an Asian Bistro in Isla Verde.

The food was so delicious, best asian food on the island. And the waiters gave all the ladies in the restaurant a red rose. We felt so special.

It was the perfect way to end the night. I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day as well.

5 comments:

brandi said...

Rosalia, you look like you had so much fun, and you got lots of sun!! The pictures are gorgeous! I'm glad you had a great Valentines!!
Brandi

Melissa said...

SOOOO pretty! What a fantastic Valentine's day! It looks like you guys are making the most of your time left in PR.

Emily said...

What amazing pictures!! I'm so glad you guys had a great Valentines Day. You're making me miss it there.

Danielle said...

Awesome, it makes me miss pr sooo much.

Unknown said...

What is up with all those awesome pictures? man, you are so good you should start your business girl. I love Icacos and the water and everything so cool. Not good for little ones sadly.
I had a great vday too. oh but Kristen looks super toast...ouch?