background

Friday, May 23, 2008

Tornado In Southern California?


Yep, a rare tornado hit our county yesterday. It flipped a semi truck over and derailed a few train carts. We couldn't believe it. Matthew and I brought summer clothes thinking it was gonna be hot down here, but the weather has been acting so crazy. We had flash flood warnings all over our area. I haven't been able to see my parents because of the flooding. Hopefully today will be better. I don't know if this is the first tornado we've had but it sure is the first one since I've lived here, which is pretty much my whole life. Californian's aren't prepared for tornados, nobody has basements down here. The news cast advised to duck into trenches and any low ditch with our hands covering our heads...yeah, I don't think anybody would survive doing that. I feel like I'm back in Puerto Rico with all this rain and crazy winds, please let it stop.

5 comments:

Sofia L said...

wow I hope the weather clears out by Melina's wedding! That's crazy so is there water every where that you weren't able to visit your family? We're flying into SNA I hope we make it ok and I can make it to the wedding with all that crazy weather.

Emily said...

What crazy weather! Hopefully you'll have good weather for your sister's wedding.

Marlon and Suzana said...

How scary! That's a great pic though!

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

Holy Cow! Maybe you brought the weather with you! I hope it gets better and you have some fun. Miss you!

Katie said...

I didn't hear about that! Where are you in So Cal? My fam is in Orange County and none of them mentioned it when I spoke with them yesterday...Just curious!