background

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Planting an Orange Tree

I've always wanted a fruit and vegetable garden, I think I get the love of gardening and nature altogether from my parents. They've always taught me to appreciate nature and the abundance it brings us. Yesterday Matthew and I were spending time with my parents and they asked us to help them plant an orange tree, which needed to be placed in the ground for some time. When they purchased the tree it already had little oranges on it, however, it wasn't growing the way it needed to because the pot that held the tree was getting to small for it. Anyway, the experience was actually really enjoyable and it encouraged us to make and care for our own garden some day. I think it's so awesome that people with gardens can just walk out to their backyard and pick a freshly grown fruit or vegetable. What a blessing.

Matthew digging the hole, he did all the dirty work, haha, no it wasn't that bad.My dad placing the tree in the ground.
My mom and Matthew filling the hole with good soil.
Me laying plant food on the soil to help the tree grow nice and beautiful.Matthew watering the tree.and the final product.Now we'll let the sunshine take care of the rest, at least for now.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Good for you guys! I am scared to even help plant things for others because my thumbs aren't green...more like black for death haha. I have zero gardening skills! Your trifle looked AMAZING!

brandi said...

Isn't it so exciting? I had a friend send some seeds up from Cali. and I am excited to plant them next to my tomato plants. It feels like you have accomplished something wonderful, when you do it. I am proud of you =)
Brandi

Unknown said...

Hola amiga, que bueno q estas en casa. We will get together as soon as we get back to Califoenia. Miss ya girl!

Katie said...

I would love to have an orange tree! Looks like you had the easy job, LOL, taking pics and sprinkling food on the soil ;-)

brandi said...

O.K. Rosalia...start updating your blog!!
Brandi