background

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Week after the Graduation

After the graduation, we were able to really enjoy the island. We visited plenty of tourist locations and took advantage of the vacation. The day after the graduation we took a boat out to Icacos...well more like two boats, we had to leave three people behind for the second trip, again due to the number of people. This was one of the boats that took us over. My mom and I on the smaller boat. She absolutely loved it here, I was so grateful that she was able to make it. She was a little nervous because she doesn't swim, but she did very well and even got in the water. I think that was her first time ever in the ocean. It was the perfect beach for it being her first time.The Island of Icacos.The whole gang relaxing on the beach.My mother. This was also the first time she ever wore a bathing suit. I told her she could't leave Puerto Rico without putting one on. Luckily my mother-in-law had an extra one that fit nicely.I love this picture of all of them in the water. The background is so beautiful. This is what I'm going to miss.When we got back to Fajardo, we stopped for pinchos and piƱa coladas.
They usually have these beautiful large parrots, but the guy told me they were sleeping, they just had these little birds out there.
The following day we went to El Yunque (the rainforest)...and hiked all the way down to the waterfall.
On our way up it poured on us, some of us really enjoyed it because it cooled us off, while others dreaded it.Here we are completely drenched.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Rosalia- I LOVE the pictures! It looks like you guys are having so much fun, I bet you are really excited to move back home, but it looks like you will have alot to miss as well. That is hard. You look great though! Your exercising is really paying off!
Congrats!
Brandi

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

You guys deserve some fun time after 4 years of school! Congrats to both of you! I hope Sheldon will go to his graduation! I'm glad we got to be friends while we were down there, and I hope you always keep in touch!

Marlon and Suzana said...

Wow the pics are amazing! Are u sure you want to leave paradise for California? It's probably cuz u want to see me right? Yeah, that's probably why :)