background

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Barcelonetta, Old San Juan, & Botanical Gardens

By June 10th, most of our family had gone home and we were left with eight, apart from Matthew and I. It was nice to have only one van to drive around. We went to Barcelonetta to check out the outlet stores. Luckily they had some really good deals that day. As soon as we arrived, we headed for the restrooms, which are inside the food court, because it's such a long trip. Inside the food court they had this mini carousel that Naomi fell in love with. We probably spent about $7 so she could go around and around again. Oh and she stole this hat from her grandma, for some reason she loves big hats. She has a smaller version of this type of hat that fits her perfectly, but she wanted the bigger one. She kept it on the whole time we were there.When we finally left the food court and started shopping, she pulled grandpa aside and led him all the way back to the carousel. she knew exactly where it was and wanted to ride again! She cracks me up.

My mom, mother-in-law, and I bought ourselves these hats at a store where everything was $10. We went crazy, they had beautiful jewelry, purses, and other accessories. I've always wanted a hat like this; the ones I've seen are always too flimsy or shaped weired, so I had to buy it.I also bought a new purse, I needed one so bad, the zipper on my old purse broke and I'm always afraid of leaving it open. Plus I had that purse for over 3 years. I was so excited when I saw the new Coach store. They had purses that were 50% off plus an additional 10% off. Matthew said if I could find something I liked that was under $100 then I could buy it. To tell you the truth, I didn't think I would, but I did! I found a nice leather Coach purse for $87. Score!


Old San Juan was our next stop. The family bought all of their last minute souvenirs and enjoyed the beautiful buildings.My momMy mom and grandma Mickey

And last but certainly not least, we enjoyed a relaxing walk inside the Botanical Gardens in Rio Piedras. This is another one of my favorite places, I'm going to miss it so much. Matthew and I always came here when we had nothing else to do and it was always so enjoyable.

Matthew brought his baseball and gloves so he can play ball with his dad, I thought that was so sweet.My mother-in-law and Naomimy momI can't wait to see all of them so soon again.

5 comments:

prRiggs said...

Wow you've been busy!!! Congrats to Dr. U. That's awesome!
I love your new hats. I'm going to have to scout out the $10 store. Our favorite part of the outlets are the rides as well. That little girl is adorable.
I've never heard of Icacos before, we're going to have to find that as well. And the band in Isla Verde sounds great too--where do they do that?
I can't believe you're so close to leaving. Good luck with your next adventure. Wish we were there to say goodbye...

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Icacos is off the shore of Fajardo. The contact information I used is (787) 383-6509 and the owner of the boat is Captain Mingo. He is the best, speaks perfect English and is very good about giving you instructions. He charges $25 per person. The boat ride is only about 10 minutes too, so it makes it that much more enjoyable. You should definitely go when you have the chance, it's beautiful and there's good snorkeling. There's no bathrooms on the island or food, so be prepared for that.

The band in Isla Verde is across the street to the Ponderosa on the 37 (the main street in Isla Verde). It's near the Holiday Inn and the Intercontinental. There's a small street that goes into the beach and right on the cul-de-sac is where the band sets up every Friday, starting at 7:00pm. You should check that out too, it's a one time thing, but very entertaining.

I know, I can't believe we're done. I'm going to miss everyone so much. Good luck to you and I'll definitely keep in touch through out blogs.

brandi said...

Rosalia, I love reading about all your new adventures! Let's see a picture of your new purse. I love finding good deals. YOu guys look like you are have a lot of fun, but I am sure it is bitter sweet for you. Good luck with the move!
Brandi

Katie said...

I'm going to miss you too! Good thing we still have blogging to keep in touch! Thanks for the kite, and YES, Mia was still dry when we got home :)

Matthew and Rosalia said...

haha good.