background

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Painting Hobby

I was speaking to my mother this past weekend and she told me she really wanted a picture of both the San Diego and Los Angeles Temples because we were sealed as a family in the LA Temple and all my siblings have gotten married in the San Diego Temple. So I thought maybe I could paint them for her. My painting hobby began 2 1/2 years ago when we first arrived to Puerto Rico; I decided I needed things to keep me busy here. I bought myself an easel I saw at Cosco and began to experiement with different types of paint. I was not the best artist at first but then began to learn simple techniques by trial and error. I kept improving each time I painted something new. Anyway it's been a while since I've picked up a paint brush so I thought I could surprise my mother by painting her both temples. This is what I have so far.

Some of my other paintings



7 comments:

Emily said...

You are so good! I love all your paintings and I think the one of the temple is going to turn out beautifully!!

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

You are so talented! I had no idea you could do that. You seriously are one amazing girl! When are you coming back to Metro!

Unknown said...

Me encantan tus pinturas!!! Mi favorita es la ultima roja con flores blancas... awww tan linda!!! felicidades "nuestro" templo se ve hermoso!!!!!!!!! tu y tu esposo tienen muchos talentos, entre tantos ser unos exelentes lideres!! felicidades otra vez. me encantas las fotos que colocas de la juventud.

Sofia L said...

I love them! Can I buy the single white flower with the red background. I love art in every way shape or form. I can't wait to see the temples.

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Sofia:
Sure, you have to stretch it and frame it though because I just have it on canvas.

Emily said...

I like your new background! Way to go.

Katie said...

YOu're quite the artist! I love the last painting! Great sketch of the temple too.