background

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Botanical Gardens, Caguas

Matthew and I woke up this morning planning on going to Old San Juan, nothing new, then I remembered someone telling me about the new botanical gardens in Caguas. I heard they were really nice, so I told him we could at least try to go and if it was lame we could just go up to Old San Juan and have lunch. When we got there some guy told us to go park like two blocks down the street and a trolley would pick us up and bring us to the gardens. We were a little skeptical at first and then we finally saw the trolley come our way.



When we finally went into the gardens we were both amazed. Just the entrance was beautiful. It wasn't free, like the one in Rio Piedras, but it was worth the money.



We got lucky because they had a Taino Presentation, which I think was the reason for the high entrance price. They had little gift booths as well with Taino suvenirs.






The garden has this beautiful pond and a small stream that surrounds the entire garden.




The thing I loved the most was that these botanical gardens have way more flowers. We found some really beautiful ones.





This is a little video of a different group of Taino impersonators.

They even have a butterfly farm here but it wasn't open because the butterflies weren't in season. These are just other pictures of our walk around the garden.





We got a little hungry after so much walking and had some piraguas (snow cones) and hamburgers. I, of course, dropped half of my snow cone on the floor...never fails.

The rest of the gardens. We had a blast, I wouldn't mind coming again.







10 comments:

Emily said...

How fun! I wish you would have called us, we totally would of come. Chris and I will have to go check it out.

krhjohns said...

Wow, good find! It looks amazing!

Marlon and Suzana said...

Wow! Beautiful! You really take some great pictures!

Unknown said...

looks really fun rosalia! very nice pictures too.

Sofia L said...

OMGosh. I've tried posting a comment 3 times and my internet connection was lost 3 times. Hopefully this time it works. About my quilt. I cut the pieces and had Zuley sew it for me. I don't have a machine so I wasn't able to do it myself. I can't believe you do everything by hand. I've had the blanket sitting in my closet for a year and I just found it the other day and asked her to finish it. I don't have the guts to do it by hand. Also love the pictures I can't wait to visit next year!!

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

That place looked amazing! I wish we could have gone before we left. It looks way better than Rio Piedras! I need to call you! We leave in 3 weeks!!

Katie said...

Rosalia, you took beautiful pictures! It looks way nicer than the Botanical Gardens in Rio Piedras. How much are tickets? The flowers look amazing as well as everything else. The sky is pretty unreal too!

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Katie:
The tickets were $12 per adult, not sure about kids.

prRiggs said...

Awesome pics! That looks like a lot of fun. We'll have to try it out sometime.

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Katie:

Sorry, for some reason I added Matthew and my ticket price together. It's actually $6/adult. You should definately go, you'll have a blast.