background

Friday, May 22, 2009

One Down :) Three To Go :(

Yesterday I had one of my wisdom teeth pulled out by Dr. Joseph Miller. He did an awesome job, I would recommend him to anyone. Joe is a dental student and is finishing up his last year here in Puerto Rico, just like Matthew. He is married to one of my very good friends Lily Miller. I wish them luck and know he will be an amazing dentist. My visit was an interesting experience, I decided to undergo the procedure with nitrous oxide (what we call laughing gas). This was my first time using nitrous. Well a couple of minutes after I began to inhale I felt a little light headed, I was ok, but after about five minutes I started to giggle then I couldn't stop laughing. Joe had warned me that I would feel like I drank two beers, and of course I had no idea what that felt like, so I was in for a surprise. Everything Joe was saying made me laugh, in my head I had to keep telling myself to stop laughing and that what he was saying was not funny at all, it helped a little, but I was still giggly.

Anyway, the surgery went fantastic and today I feel so much better. I'm still a bit swollen, but I can eat solid foods now and I'm not in pain anymore, thankgoodness. I was anxious to pull this one out in particular because it didn't grow all the way out and was still half way under my gums. It began to spring up about four months ago and It bothered the heck out of me because I couldn't clean it as well as I wanted to. So I'm glad that's over, but I'm not looking forward to pullng the rest of them out. Hopefully Joe can do it again since the Millers and us will both be in California for a few years.

Sorry if this disgusts anyone but I wanted to remember this interesting day with this picture. It's wierd because you never imagine them to actually be this huge. I can't believe this was buried in my gums!
(Thank you Krsiten for taking me so early and picking me up, and taking me to Walgreens to get some medicine, you're the best!!!).

10 comments:

kassandra said...

wow...Javi is getting his pulled out soon! i think it's at the same place where Joe studies.

Emily said...

Crazy! I got mine out when I was in high school, and of course I was one of the small percentage who got dry socket afterwards. Miserable. I'm glad your procedure when well!

Unknown said...

You are so funny! You don't really need laughing gas to laugh at something, it is very easy to make you laugh... i bet you are laughing right now! Anyways, I am so glad you feel better and that everything went ok. I am a chicken and I still have my 4 WT and I do not want to pull them out. Anyways, thank you so much for the compliments. You are the best!

Melissa said...

Go Joe! That is a funny story... I can imagine it was pretty hard to stop laughing long enough for him to do his job!

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Lily:

you're right. jajaja. but that gas intensified my desire to laugh, it was weird. He did well, you should be so proud.

Unknown said...

LOL! He better be ready Rosalia I mean he'll be officially a dentist in a week from today, right? Our husbands and YOU did so well all this years going to school. Congrats to you too missy!

Marlon and Suzana said...

Ouch! I was told I have to have surgery to get mine taken out & I'm just trying to forget about it & not get it done until the last possible minute. You're a brave soul.

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Thanks, Lily, I'm excited to finally graduate.

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Susana: It's really not that bad. But I would recommend doing one side at a time so you can at least chew food with the other side.

Or it might be good to get it over with at once.

Katie said...

Yeah, I could have done without the nasty tooth picture, LOL ;-) I had no idea you got your WT pulled. Glad it all went well! When do you guys head out?