background

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Paseo del Morro

Over the weekend Matthew and I decided to take a stroll down Paseo del Morro, it's a small path that lines the shore outside the fort. We've been needing major exercising so we thought we could walk the whole thing and feel good about ourselves. The scenery was so beautiful; the beach was right by our side and the historic walls of El Morro were phenomenal. We both enjoyed ourselves very much and got a good workout out of it. Whoo!
This fountain sits in front of the entrance to the pathway.





This is the formal entrance to old San Juan. At the top, written in Latin is says "Welcome all those who come in the name of God". This is also where the path actually begins.



It's kind of random and weird but there's a bunch of cats that live in the rocks along the beach. The guard told us there's actually people in charge to feed them and they are protected by the city. So as we were walking we saw about 15 different cats.



These are just other pictures we took along the path.



It wasn't raining, Matthew just decided to take his picture with our umbrella. Crazy guy.



I thought this cliff was so beautiful, it looks like it was painted in water color. I think it's like that from the water running down it over the years from the rain.



Behind us are the walls to the fort




This was the end of the path and we could see the entire ocean. I recommend it, it's a good sunday activity!


5 comments:

Emily said...

Chris and I did that walk by mistake one day because we thought it took us up to the fort...big mistake on a really sunny day! We were sweating like crazy, but it was really beautiful and worth it (preferably when it's cloudy). The cats totally cracked us up. They would just pop up out of no where...really weird.

Sofia L said...

The is so crazy about the cats, how weird is that. Also did you notice that in one of the pictures the mountain looks like it has a face in it. it looks like an awesome place we cannot wait to come visit.

Katie said...

So you're back! I go to CA on Friday morning, I'm so excited! I love all your pictures :)Looking at them actually made me miss PR!

Melissa said...

You and Matt are so cute! We've never walked down there...we definitely need to before we leave!

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

My family stii hasn't forgiven me for taking that walk! It was so hot and it comes to a dead end! I still thought it was beautiful, and my family needed attitude adjustments!