background

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

El Yunque 2008

Ok I have some serious updating to do. I had visitors and then a Youth Confrence to take care of so I have had zero time to even think about blogging. But I am back and have a lot of updates.

First off, one of Matthew's Buddies (Luis) from his mission came to visit us from Alabama with his wife Natalie. He is Dominican and met Matthew while on his mission. He comes to Puerto Rico on business trips and everytime he's here we are always grateful to see him. This time though he was able to bring Natalie, which I'm glad because I've been wanting to meet and get to know her. Natalie is in school and, like us, they are wating to start their family until after school is done. While they were here we went to El Yunque with them and walked down to La Mina Falls and then all the way up to the peak of the summit. Matthew and I were dying of pain, but we made it and and are proud of it. I already had a ton of pictures from El Yunque from previous visits, but I can never get enough flower shots so here's what I got. Plus my camera died by the time we got down to the waterfall so I couldn't take anymore pictures than these.







3 comments:

Katie said...

I love El Yunque! I'm so glad you updated your blog!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

ok that happens when you don't read all the posts first. ya se quienes son Luis y Natalie hahaha! beautiful pictures wow! we went to el yunque last sat too. walked long ways too... i wasn't happy about it but made it with a smile. glad you guys enjoy your time in PR! love