background

Monday, March 9, 2009

'09 World Baseball Classic

It's finally here!

I've been waiting for the world baseball classic to begin. I've grown to love baseball with Matthew, it's his favorite sport, but I only get excited when it's a big game like this one. This is the outside of the stadium while we waited.

We went last year and we had a blast. This year we bought tickets for the very first game (Dominican Republic vs. Netherlands). We sat at the bleachers for the first game, but got really good seats. The stadium is pretty small, so really every seat is good.

Kristen and me

The boys. Stacey, this is for you. He might have been on the phone with you in this picture. LOL.

About 10 minutes into the game more of our friends showed up. Brianna and Julia, and Me and Kristen in the back. We had a good time and the weather was perfect, glad it didn't rain.

The boys were really into the game here.

We also got tickets for the very last game. I'm hoping it will be Dominican Republic vs. Puerto Rico, that should be interesting.
In the game we saw on Saturday, the Dominicans lost against the Netherlands 3 to 2. I coudn't believe it, but the Dominicans were playing really crappy. Matthew and I were rooting for them because that's where he served his mission. What really messed them up was their first picther. He let 3 runs get past him. Needless to say, they had the rest of the game to catch up and they only scored 2 runs. Oh well, at least they're still in the game. Last I heard they beat Panama 9 to 0, so I guess they learned their lesson.
David Ortiz at bat (a.k.a "Big Papi") one of the few players that I actually recognized from the Dominican team.


I was so dissapointed that Vladimir Guerrero didn't play this year.

It was a busy Saturday, later that evening we spent time with the Paige Family. President Paige is our stake president here in Puerto Rico. Him and his wife Cuqui invited us over for dinner and a Rock Band session. You know you have an awesome Stake Pres. when he's a fan of Rock Band.


We had so much fun. Thanks for a fun night Cuqui. We have to get together again.

3 comments:

brandi said...

Rosalia, the hair thing was hilarious to read! The food reminds me of David..there is a Philipino store here that sells "Hot Pan de sol" and he was estatic, until he tried it, I guess it just isn't the same. What is up with our men and food? I guess I can only understand when it comes to sweets! The pictures at the baseball game are beautiful as always! Are the days always that sunny and gorgeous?? We have had nothing but rain for the past 4 days. I'm sure I'll be wishing for it when summer time comes!
Brandi

Emily said...

How was the game? Chris always wanted to go to one of those, but we never made it. How fun.

Unknown said...

man! we can never do anything like that with 3 kids under the age of 8! We wanted to go to the game Monday night but couldn't find a sitter, plus our kids are super sick awww too bad!