background

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Mayaquez Zoo in Puerto Rico

Yesterday Matthew and I visited the zoo in Mayaguez, PR. I thought it was going to be boring with not very many animals, but it was actually pretty well kept and big in size. We had a great time and recommend it to everyone. It's a good thing to do at least once while you're here. We saw a lot of beautiful animals.

This little bird was so funny. He would scoot over on that railing every time I got close to him. I couldn't stop laughing. He didn't want me anywhere near him.


I love tropical flowers. I couldn't stop taking pictures of them.

This guy scared Matthew and I. When we first looked into the cage we didn't see anything then he just jumped up on that log and scared the heck out of us. It was funny...I'm glad no one was around :)


Camels in the rainforest, how ironic.




These things are everywhere in the zoo, with the turtles, zebras, monkeys...all over. The first one I saw was a big deal, then I didn't care for them after seeing them everywhere.

It started to rain...no surprise, which is why we just happen to have an umbrella.



He was very shy and would not come out...or she.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love that you named that birk Paco! The zoo looks pretty good. I need to take a trip with Chris and Katie and check it out. There's actually a lot of places I want to go visit in that region of the island.