background

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Mission Inn Light Festival

We have a really fancy hotel near our town that was originally a mission, which gets lit up every year for Christmas. They call it the Mission Inn Light festival. It's beautiful to see and entertaining too because it is in the middle of town where shops, food stands, and restaraunts surround it. We had a good time walking around and filling our tummies with sweet roasted almonds and hot chocolate. They also had an ice skating ring and reindeer. The kids really enjoyed that except were dissapointed when they were told it wasn't a petting zoo. Boohoo. Uzziah was ready to go in and pet that reindeer, I guess they're a little more aggressive than your regular goat or sheep right? This is my favorite time of the year, I'm already feeling that christmas spirit and want to serve and help wherever I can. Uzziah decided to donate his gently used toys to kids that might not have as many as he. My parents will be going to Mexico this Christmas and will be taking the toys to children there. We are excited to clean them, wrap them, and send them away.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yeah! You updated your blog! I love seeing pictures of your little ones. My how they've grown up and they're so cute! Merry Christmas.