background

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Rainy Day Window Art

We are in a major drought here in Southern California. Many wards, including ours, have fasted and prayed for rain. Well it worked and this isn't the first time it happened. I remember praying for rain as a ward when I was about 12 or 13. The funny thing is, because I've seen the miracle before in my life, I had so much faith that it was going to work again, and it did! We had about a week and a half of come and go rain. On one particular day it was raining extremely heavy and the kids were kinda tired of being indoors for so many days in a row. So I thought, hmmm...what could we do to enjoy the rain and still have fun? And then I remembered Uzziah's fun bath crayons, they are totally washable and wipe right off. Luckily the windows in both their rooms are really low so they were able to reach the window with no problem. So I let them go at it, they were drawing on the window while the rain was falling and spraying the window from the outside. It kept them busy for about an hour. It reminded me of The Cat In The Hat story.

No comments: